Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Stash pictures

After all of the descriptions about what I bought, I decided it needed a few pictures! (I'm not including the books in here because there are very good pictures already on the web.) Here's all the fuzzy stuff (and the spindle) that I bought at Stitches:



The merino-silk roving is to die for...it's so soft, you just want to dive right in it! Here's a picture of my Maggie spindle all by itself:

...and a picture of the baby hat in progress and the yarn for the booties that I will make to go with it:

A word about the hat: I'm using a wonderful Lorna's Laces Angel yarn - part angora and part lambswool - it's VERY soft! This is the first time I have ever knit with angora and found that the yarn was breaking a lot. I don't know if it is me or whether the yarn itself has a problem. Long story short, I wasn't happy with the tension and ended up frogging half of what I had done. I think I'm back on track now and I really do love the way this hat feels. It's perfect for a baby!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...