Friday, April 21, 2006

Word of the week: Fascinate

A couple of days ago, I admitted that I was fascinated by the process of turning the heel and picking up the gusset when knitting socks. When I said that, I was referring to the following definition:
fascinate: To hold an intense interest or attraction for
Since then, I've had to frog back to the heel turn on my Jaywalker due to an unfortunate "hole" that developed on one side where I picked up the gusset (I think I either dropped a stitch or somehow it was just too loose, or maybe both). AND, I started the heel on my Cedar Creek sock and then had to frog back to the beginning of the heel because something was just not right on one of the edges. (At least it was only 4 rows!)

So now I have to do these sections all over again! Am I still fascinated? Yes, but now it's more of this definition:

fascinate: To render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra"
Guess who's rendered motionless! Yup, fascinated, I tell ya; just fascinated!!!

I'll get back to both socks this weekend...hopefully, I can get past my fascination (of whatever kind!).

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...