Thursday, May 25, 2006

Random ramblings...

It's one of those days when my thoughts are all over the place...

This was stash week.
  • On Monday I received the second installment of the Rockin' Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Now lots of people have posted pictures of their packages, but I think the Fairgrounds yarn deserves at least one more picture. Isn't it gorgeous!



  • I also received some cross stitch stash. Now, I know I'm not stitching much right now, but I think I mentioned in an earlier blog entry that I'm a sucker for a mermaid pattern. Well, Just Nan came out with a Mermaid pattern and you know I had to order it! I also ordered the frame for it and a limited edition pattern called "Flower Girls". Here's a picture, but you can see them better on the Just Nan site.



  • Today, I received my order from the Knitting Zone. I ordered some Opal yarn in the Rose Hips colorway (I'm not going to chance typing in its real name) and a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Black Watch colorway.


On the Cedar Creek front, I'm very close to starting the heel, see:


I do love this pattern, now that I have the hang of it! I'm trying to decide whether I'll use the pattern that came with Fairgrounds or use a different one. That's one thing that's keeping me from starting another pair of socks (boy, is that hard to do!!)

And finally, today would have been my father's 90th birthday. I called and talked to my Mom because she frequently gets very sad on this day. He was the love of her life and died far too early at 45. I have wonderful memories of my father, some of which I wrote about on my web site (go here to read it). I wish he could have lived to see my daughter; he would have been so taken with her and very proud of her accomplishments!

However, I will try not to be too sad. Because I was 11 when he died, I do have very clear memories of him and that's worth more than I can say. So today, I celebrate the life he had and the time I had with him.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...