Monday, May 15, 2006

What is it with the weather???

Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that it was pouring rain? Yesterday, it got so hot, I didn't want to move, much less knit a baby afghan! It was 88 degrees out...it's Spring, not the middle of Summer!

I did manage to make a short field trip to Commuknity (Happy Mother's Day to me! LOL!), but after that I didn't want to go anywhere. The cats and I were basically slugs for the rest of the day. Sombra stayed inside with me and whined about the heat (of course, she whines about everything -- her nickname is "whine-y thing"). Tica decided that it was cooler outside, so she camped on the cement, watched the birdies, and dreamed of catching one. (Never fear. Tica likes to think she's a hunter, but she's basically inept, and the birds know it!)

At least the whole weekend wasn't that hot. I did manage to knit most of the day on Saturday. I watched a few movies, added another skein to the baby afghan, and worked on the socks. I swear, I keep knitting on the Cedar Creeks and they just don't get done! At least with the Jaywalkers, I know it's because I don't spend as much time on them.

No pictures today...not much to show!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...