Thursday, June 29, 2006

Catching up...

...at least trying to! It's amazing how two days off can mess up the whole following week! Of course, having our Internet connection go down at home didn't help any. I discovered just how much I've come to depend on the home connection now that I can't use it! You'd think after being online all day at work that I wouldn't want to be online...

Last weekend, I started and finished a small sewing project. I went to the local quilt store (The Granary) and found a pattern for a travel case by P3 designs. It is intended for quilting tools, but I thought it might be nice for my DPNs and scissors. I also found coordinating celestial fabrics that needed to be made into this case! So, here's my new needle "pocket":

Front: Tool Pocket Front Back: Back

The inside: Inside


Yesterday I received the first installment of Sundara Yarn's Petals Collection. Yes, it's another sock club! However, I have been admiring Sundara's yarn colors since she opened her online shop and just hadn't gotten up the nerve to order any. Then she announced the club - that was the final push! And look at what was in the first installment:
Petals Collection - JuneAren't the colors wonderful! The package was wrapped in coordinating tissue and contained two skeins of Calla Lily yarn, a sock pattern, a beautiful calla lily post card, a flower-shaped lollipop, and a note from Sundara. Wow! Here's a closer look at the yarn:

Sundara Calla Lily Yarn
These are going to be some gorgeous socks! I'm going to have to make some serious headway on my Rock N Weave socks before I can get to the Calla Lily socks, but these are next!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...