Monday, July 17, 2006

Best laid plans...

...fall apart in the heat! I did make it to the Hallmark ornament preview and did serious damage! And my dinner out was nice.

It was just too hot to mop my floors and do much more that a little cleanup. Since we don't have air conditioning in the house, I have to make do with fans and they just weren't enough! Ugh!

I did get some knitting done, but not as much as I'd hoped. I finished the ankle band for the second Rock 'n Weave sock and did a few more pattern repeats on the Petals Collection socks. Mostly, the cats and I just hung around being hot!

Coming into the nice air conditioned office this morning was great. However, I did have one surprise waiting for me:


Now, why a possom decided to sit outside my window I have no idea. Granted, the shelf outside the window is metal and probably felt cool in the mornng, but we're not exactly in a rural area. You can't tell from the picture, but there's a very small strip of landscaped area, then the parking lot, and then a very busy street. Anyway, s/he sat there for a good two hours. It wasn't until we decided to put some water out for it that s/he decided to move under a nice shady bush, far away from the humans!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...