Monday, August 28, 2006

A little of this, a little of that...

...and not a lot of any one thing.

I had great plans for finishing my Calla Lily socks this week-end. However, it turned out to be one of those weekends where too many things were calling my name.

First off, my red and black quilt blocks came out of hibernation - I stuck them in a drawer when I got frustrated with the layout several months ago. I put them up on my quilt wall and started playing with the layout again. I need to make a lot more to complete the top.

Paint it Black quilt
Next, I've been looking at all the neat stitch markers that people have been giving/receiving and I wanted to try my hand at making some. So I made a few with some beads I had in my bead stash. OK, that was fun, and fast! Since I'm really bad at bending wire, I strung the beads on tiger tail and used crimping beads to hold things. They look pretty good...I need to make more of these! (OK, so one scissor fob snuck in there...)

SolarCross Stitch Markers
After that, I spent some time on my Calla Lily socks. I finished the heel turns and finished the gussets. I'm now working on the foot part...lots of stockinette for my size 9 feet!

Petals Collection: Calla Lily socks
Last night, I wanted to start the next pair of socks so I can swap off with the Calla Lily socks. I know I've had the Hippy Crunchy socks calling my name, but I've also been reading how challenging the pattern is. I'm not sure that I'm ready for a challenging pattern right now, plus I think I want to get the Knit Picks needles before I start Hippy Crunchy.

Long story short, I cast on the first Hydrangea sock and did a few rows. I love these colors!!

Petals Collection: Hydrangea Socks
Plus I spent a little time reading and playing with the cats. So, while there are no finished socks, I had a good weekend anyway!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...