Friday, September 08, 2006

Looking forward to tomorrow...

...but first:
Eye Candy Friday

Today's eye candy is an old picture of my baby, Sombra. In September five years ago, a co-worker found a box full of abandoned kittens and their mom. She brought them into the office the next day (Sept. 10th), hoping that someone would take them in because she couldn't. Our boss decided to keep them in the office until they were ready to give away. The next day was 9/11.

Whenever we needed a little comfort, there was always a kitten to cuddle or play with. When they were old enough, the kittens all found homes with our staff. I took Sombra - this is what she looked like when she went home with me:


She is still adorable, but quite a bit larger!

Anyway, why am I looking forward to tomorrow? Because Yarn Harlot will be at Full Thread Ahead and I'm going! They say that 400 knitters RSVP'd, so it should be interesting. I'll have to get there early to make sure I don't have to park in the lower 40...

I've got to remember to take the camera and extra batteries!!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...