Monday, September 11, 2006

What a crafty weekend!

First off, I made another Knit-2 bag, this time in copper colored fabrics. I used a Fairy Frost black and copper fabric for the outside and a Fairy Frost copper on the inside, with a contrasting blue and copper print fabric (that I bought a long time ago and have no idea who manufactured it).

Here are pictures of the outside and a close-up of the inside. (That's my Hydrangea yarn from Sundara's Petals Collection.)


Knit-2 Copper Inside . . . Knit-2 Copper

Then there was the Yarn Harlot talk at Full Thread Ahead. After picking up my signing ticket earlier in the day, I arrived around 4PM for the 5:30 talk. Wow, I'm glad I didn't wait much longer than that - there were already a lot of people there (they estimated that there were around 300 people) . Along with everyone else, I sat and knitted while I waited. It was fun seeing the shawls and recognizing knitted items from things I'd read on blogs, or seen in Knitty.

Anyway, Stephanie was incredibly funny. She, of course, took a few pictures of the "sock" with the crowd as a background:

The Sock and the crowd
After waiting for about an hour, I got my turn for the book signing and picture:

Yarn Harlot and me
It was a long day (not as long as it was for Stephanie!), but well worth it! I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Thanks, Stephanie! And thanks Full Thread Ahead!

Sunday, my husband and I went to the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival - hundreds of vendors, good wine and beer, and a nice sunny day. We spent a couple of hours looking at everything. It was probably the most time we've spent together in weeks. He's still working on a big project for work that's kicking everyone's b*tts.

After a quick trip to the grocery store, I settled down to make serious progress on my Calla Lily socks. And, I finally finished them! Here is the "foot picture" and a side by side picture so you can see the color variations:

. . .

Here's a close-up (the color is a little off, but you can see spread of colors):

Calla Lily Close-up

I still had another hour before bedtime, so I cast on the second sock for the Hydrangea socks so I can work on two at a time. Onward!!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...