Monday, October 23, 2006

One down...one alpaca scarf

It's purple and it's soft and it's done!

Purple Alpaca Scarf
Stats:
Misti Alpaca Bulky yarn in violet (RJ1800), 1 skein
size 15 needles
C/O 15, K3 P3 all rows

I used this pattern on the Ohm shawl I made for my friend Jane and really love how it works up differently depending on how many stitches you cast on. So after a few experiments with other patterns that used too much yarn, I decided to use this pattern again. It makes a decent length scarf, perfect for wearing with a coat or jacket.

As for the other things I was supposed to work on this weekend...well, let's sum it up in three words:
shock, frustration, ennui

Shock: I took my car in to be serviced. It should have been routine...a tune up and replace a burned out brake light. It wasn't. There was grit in the power steering fluid and brake fluid reservoirs--they needed to be flushed. $$ on top of the $ for the tune up. One of the hydraulic seals on the brakes was leaking and had to be replaced. More $$ on top of $$ and $. Cr@p!! @#$!

Frustration plus ennui: I worked some on the hydrangea socks, but found a problem with one of the two socks--somehow I shifted the pattern over by one stitch. I had to pull it off the needles and frog it back to the point where I made the error. Then, I unknitted a couple of rows to make sure I knew where I was in the pattern and had the right number of stitches on each needles. Finally I could go forward again and did a couple of rows, before I totally got bored with it.

Just plain ennui: Next, I tried knitting on the shawl, even though I said I wasn't going to work on it. Did a couple of rows on that, and got bored with that.

More ennui: Looked at my fabric...could not get motivated to work on any of the quilty things either.

Maybe next weekend will be better.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...