Monday, October 09, 2006

Yes! We had knitting this weekend...

...I finished the knitting part of the Kitty Pi bed, but haven't felted it yet. Laundry had a higher priority, so the washer didn't come free until too late last night. Here is the completed bed before felting...felted picture to come later this week.

Kitty Pi - before felting
I also worked a little on the Hydrangea socks:


Hydrangea 10/10

I probably would have made a whole lot more progress on the socks, if I hadn't been distracted by that Wild Cherry yarn and the Sangria pattern. So you know what I just had to do...

Sangria - 10 rows
Yup! First I had to wind the yard. (2400 yards takes a while to wind!) Then, I started knitting it. And then I started again...and again...and... I probably started it 5 times before I got control of this very thin yarn! The pattern recommends using metal needles for this shawl, but when you only have a few stitches on the needle and you're not used to the thinness of the yarn, those metal needles have a nasty habit of sliding out!

I finally gave up on the metal needles and started again with some Crystal Palace bamboo needles. That did the trick! I got about 5 rows into it and then switched to the metal needles. Ultimately, I think I'd like to use Knit Picks needles for this shawl because they are more "pointy" and would make the K3tog easier. But, I'm good for now...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...