Monday, November 13, 2006

She lives!

Yes, I'm still here! Finished my big project--the major milestone was last Friday and I delivered an update today. Now, I'm pretty much done and I can move on to some smaller projects.

I spent a nice Saturday shopping and relaxing. I needed a few things from Sur La Table and Williams-Sonoma for Thanksgiving dinner (I'm doing the cooking). Plus, I wanted to check out Full Thread Ahead to see what their Alpaca yarn selection was like. I'll be making a couple of scarves for my daughter's friends and I wanted to find a sport weight alpaca for the flip-top mittens she requested.

I had a blast shopping for Thanksgiving stuff...actually, I had a great time shopping, period! I'd forgotten how much I loved shopping for holiday stuff! I bought the kitchen stuff, a Christmas present, and
I treated myself to the new JD Robb book "Born in Death" (I've already finished it!).

And, you know I found yarn...here's my alpaca haul from Saturday and a couple from the week before:

Alpaca yarn!!
  • The camel-colored and light & dark gray yarns are Baby Alpaca Brush from Plymouth (bought two of each).
  • Left to right: red yarn is Baby Alpaca Grande also from Plymouth (bought 2); gray is Misti Alpaca Sport (3); purple yarn is Baby Twist from Alpaca with a Twist(3); red on the right is also Baby Twist from Alpaca with a Twist(3).
  • At the bottom is Road to China in Lapis. This is a cool yarn that's 65% alpaca, 10% Cashmere, 10% Camel, 5% Yak, and 10% Soya Fibers. It is soft and yummy, but a little on the expensive side. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.
The Alpaca with a Twist and the Road to China yarns I bought at Purlescence a week ago; the rest I got at Full Thread Ahead.

I started the flip-top mittens in the gray Misti Alpaca sport. I'm still on the ribbing, but so far so good! The yarn is soft and easy to work with. I love the charcoal gray color, too. SO it just remains to be seen whether I can follow the pattern and make mittens that look half-way decent!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...