Monday, November 20, 2006

T-day countdown...

...house is cleaner; the turkey is defrosting; cranberry sauce is cooked and chilling; and I only work one day this week!

I took Tuesday and Wednesday as vacation days, partly to unwind after the last big project and partly to just have some extra time to prepare for Thursday.

My husband and I both decided that some purging was necessary in the kitchen, so I spent a good part of going through cabinets, setting aside stuff for Goodwill and dumping out-of-date food, spices, and the like. We always seem to acquire 3 or 4 glasses from Art & Wine Festivals every year (that we don't need), so we got rid of about 30 glasses, plus some cups we never use, and so on.

I unearthed my daughter's bedroom, so she can actually sleep in there. The cats were thrilled that I had given them a clean place to hangout...

My husband requested new towels and rugs for his bathroom, so I got to go shopping for that...such a hardship!

Since most of my time was spent cleaning, I didn't do a lot of knitting, but I have made it past the cuff of the first mitten and am working on the thumb increases. I'll get some pictures posted since I think I'll have some time tomorrow.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...