Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas prep...

...that's my weekend in a nutshell. My husband had an unplanned trip to Boston, so I was able to spend as most of the time in the kitchen or decorating for Christmas.

I made fruitcakes, a batch of eggnog bread, and a batch of pumpkin bread. I also made the dough for 8 different kinds of cookies and have them stashed in the fridge. Any cookie dough that has to be chilled before baking is a candidate for this treatment. This way I can bake a batch of cookies after work without having to worry about making the dough -- just pull out a package, slice or shape the cookies and bake. I also made the first batch of Amaretto-Cinnamon Nuts.

Next weekend will be devoted to biscotti and the cookies that don't need to be chilled beforehand (like spritz).

Boy, was my husband surprised when he got home yesterday! Christmas kind of exploded in our house. LOL! When he opened the fridge, all he saw was containers of cookie dough! And the freezer is full of Christmas fruitcakes and breads!

It will be this way until I finish around the 23rd...It's a lot of work, but fun!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...