Friday, December 15, 2006

Eye Candy Friday...12/15

This weeks' contribution:

PoinsettiaThis poinsettia is on my desk at work; I have its twin at home.

I am way behind on my baking, so I'll have to really haul you-know-what to catch up this weekend. The only thing I've baked this week are a batch of biscotti and an eggnog bread pudding for the office party today. I couldn't figure out way I was so behind this year, when last year went so smoothly. Then I realized that last year I only had outside commitments for two nights of the week (yoga and a standing IM session with a friend). Adding a third commitment (Pilates) really takes a chunk out of my baking time, not to mention my knitting and craft time, and "rest" time. Next week, I don't have either class so maybe I'll make my deadline!

On the knitting front, my daughter has discovered that Alpaca causes her to itch, too...not as bad as wool, but it's still uncomfortable. So I guess I need to switch to cotton or bamboo yarns for her. She'll try out the alpaca mitten I made for her to see if her hands are not as sensitive as the rest of her, but it's probably best if I switch anyway.

I've finished one part of a Christmas gift for a friend and I'm about halfway with the second part. My goal is to get this gift in the mail/FedEx/UPS person's hands on Monday.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...