Wednesday, January 24, 2007

...and another one!

...presenting the Pea Pod Scissor Companion (its official name):

Pea Pod Fob
I still need to sew it together to make the fob, but that's a quick thing. I'll do that with the other "finishing" this weekend.

Next, I'll finish the Snow Fall needleroll. Last night I discovered another reason I had put it aside: somehow, the ribbon and lace for the kit got lost. One of the bands of the needleroll is lace, so I found a reasonable substitute for that. As for the missing ribbon, I'm not sure whether this will actually be finished as a needleroll because the fabric is very narrow. I won't need replacement ribbon if I make it a pillow.

I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to get these long-term UFOs out of my hair! I think I started Pea Pod 6 years ago and started Snow Fall about 5 years ago. I've picked them up a few times since then, but have always been frustrated with them both. It will be a relief to have them both done!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...