Friday, January 05, 2007

Eye Candy Blogiversary!

Yup, today's my Blogiversary! First, an Eye Candy Friday picture that documents the sad remains of Christmas at my house:

Ornaments
These are just some of the ornaments that were waiting to be wrapped and put away for the year. I've mentioned before that we have an eclectic mix of ornaments, so here's a sample of wooden, tin, cross stitch, celestial, and Southwestern ornaments. Oh, and that pink one at the bottom of the picture? My daughter made that when she was in elementary school -- it's an angel made out of puff balls, lace, and pipe cleaners.

One year ago today I started this blog as a way to track my projects and share them with friends (and anyone else who was interested). For the last 6 years, I had tracked my projects in a hand-written journal. I usually remembered to write down what I worked on and what I finished, but I rarely had pictures to go with them. Then I started putting pictures of my projects on my web site -- that was better, but it was sometimes hard to update the site regularly because of other commitments.

With the blog, I can write as much, or as little, as time allows and I can upload pictures as soon as I take them. As a result, I have better project tracking and I have pictures that I can then use on my web site. I also have a pretty good idea of how I was feeling when I finished the project, including any frustrations with it (or life!). Occasionally, I'll post about something completely non-crafty, which may not be as interesting as my projects but it sure makes me feel better!
I still use the hand-written project journal because it's nice to page through it and see all that I have done over the years. But the blog is now my primary tracking mechanism.

Anyways...Happy Blogiversary to me!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...