Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome, 2007!

We had an uneventful evening. We celebrated with one of our favorite dinners - paté, cheese, sour dough bread, and fruit. Our daughter was out for the evening, so it was just the two of us for our champagne toast at midnight.

I did a little knitting, on and off during the day. I finished the first Twinkletoes slipper, added a couple of rows to the Sangria shawl, and worked on a burgundy alpaca scarf that I had started at Thanksgiving (and left off yesterday's recap--oops!).

I've been thinking about goals/resolutions for 2007. I've been so scattered lately that it's been hard to concentrate on one thing. As a result, I have a lot of WIPs right now. Somehow that doesn't seem to deter me from starting something new.

So here are some projects I'd like to get done before I start anything new (in no particular order):
  • Flip-top mittens
  • Twinkletoes slippers
  • Hydrangea socks
  • "Wright Stuff" quilt
In addition to projects, I need to get back into my proper eating habits. Things have gone downhill in the last month, between the work projects and the baking. Usually I can avoid tasting my own baking, but not when I'm stressed out about work. Starting tomorrow, I'm going back into Phase 1.5 of the South Beach Diet plan. Phase 1.5 is my own variation of Phase 1 and 2 -- basically it's Phase 1 (no fruit, no sugar, no grain or wheat), plus oatmeal or fiber cereal and a banana once or twice a week. My biggest problems are wheat and sugar, so phase 1.5 will help purge them from my system.

I'd start today except that we have a tradition of having Hoppin' John for New Year's day dinner. (No, we are not from the South, unless you count Mexico [me and daughter] or Ireland and Lithuania [husband] as "South". We have it for the good luck it's supposed to bring.) My version includes bacon, green onions, black eyed peas, and white rice. Since bacon and white rice are not on the Phase 1.5 list, I'll wait until tomorrow to restart my program.

So my plan for January is to get back on track with projects and the diet. I'll also get back into my normal gym, yoga, and Pilates routine. (I haven't completely ignored the gym, I just haven't gone as often as I usually do for the last couple of weeks.) Let's see how I do!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...