Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday...

I forgot to mention another Stitches purchase—a Sweaterkits kit for the Silk Waves Shawl. There are no pictures yet because these kits come packaged in acrylic bags that don't photograph well. Take my word for it: it's gorgeous. The yarns are hand-painted silk and silk chenille in purples and blues (my colors!).

When I got into work yesterday, my February installment of Scout's Indie Swag was waiting for me. (
It's a little pinker than I would normally pick for myself, but the purples make up for it.)

Scout's Indie Swag: Feb
I actually knit in last week, too.
  • One completed Peekaboo Mitten in a silk and cotton yarn. I will make the other mitten eventually, but just not now. I'm trying to decide between a chocolate brown yarn and a black yarn to use for my daughter's Peekaboos...she wants more neutral colors for her outerwear.

    Right Peekaboo Mitten
  • The arm warmers are almost done! I have an inch or so to go!

    Arm Warmers

When I finish the arm warmers, I think I'll make the Daughter a Calorimetry from the current Knitty issue. I have a Simply Soft Shadows yarn in black, brown, and white (Opal Twist) that I think she'll like.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...