Monday, March 26, 2007

a little spinning, a little knitting...

This is a quick post and no pictures because work beckons...

It was a relaxing weekend (read: I was lazy and didn't do anything!).

I played with my fiber samples, trying to spin a ply as fine as I could without the fiber breaking somewhere. I can do it, I'm just not very consistent.

I cast-on a pair of socks in the BMFA Rockin' Sock club's
Monsoon yarn. (I was going to start the Marina Piccola socks from Scout's Indie Swag, but I think there's something missing in the pattern, so I'm going to wait until I get a correction.) After reading through the Inside Out pattern and reading the KAL comments about the various adjustments people made, I decided not to use this pattern for this pair of socks. I love the idea of reversible socks, but I'm just not ready for them. Instead I'm using Keyboard Biologist's Here There Be Dragons pattern. It's perfect for the mossy greens and grays in the yarn and it's a pattern that I can track easily.

I also worked on a birthday present for a friend. Hopefully, my cyber-order will come in this week so I can actually finish it!

I'll post pictures of the socks when they are further along.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...