Monday, April 09, 2007

Every Monday needs a kitty...

...so here's Sombra!

Sombra, Sombra
She was helping me work on my taxes and secret project all weekend. Of course, most of her "helping" was to sleep next to me while I worked!

A big birthday shout-out to my friend Jane...it's today! She's blogless, otherwise I'd tell you to give her your own birthday wishes.


Happy Birthday, Jane!

I managed to get the taxes to the "almost done" state. I'm missing a couple of numbers, but everything else is in. I had hoped to finish the secret project this weekend, but that, too, is in an "almost done" state. Patience, Jane...it's getting there!

I did take a break and enjoy the back yard yesterday. The apricot tree is going full bore and my husband has been very busy planting seeds. Ever wonder what your significant other does while you're spinning, knitting, crafting, etc? This is what my husband does:

Seedlings
He plants things, like heirloom tomatoes and peppers, salad greens, herbs, onions, and garlic. I'm not quite sure what he has planted in all of those pots, but this is just the tip of the iceberg! From the looks of things, he'll have fresh salsa all summer!

I did manage to get a little spinning done while we watched the Sopranos last night. Half a pound of roving takes a while to spin! I think I'm about ready to knit again...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...