Friday, April 27, 2007

just another Eye Candy Friday...

...for your viewing pleasure, a Feijoa blossom. Feijoas are also known as pineapple guavas (and they're yummy!).

Feijoa blossom
I also received my Rockin' Sock Club installment, Walking on the Wild Tide. It's a gorgeous Merino-Silk yarn that just begs to be petted. I was expecting it to be delivered at work, but for some reason it was mailed to my home address instead. So it was a very nice surprise last night!

Walking on the Wild Tide
I love the whole Tides theme. (Gee, can you tell? I have seashells in my fountain!) I love it so much, I made a quilt called "The Tides at Bodega Bay," named for our favorite get-away, Inn at the Tides in Bodega Bay. CA. I love it so much, I had to order more yarn from Blue Moon:

More Yarn!
OK, so the first one, Footzey Foo, isn't in the Tides group, but Lunasea, Socktopus, and Undertoe are! Lunasea is destined to become Mystic Sea socks (the second pattern up there). I haven't quite decided which yarn to use for Trickle yet.

On the knitting front, I have completed two pattern repeats for the Here There Be Dragons (
HTBD) socks. I love this pattern and I love the yarn, but they are not showing each other in the best light:

Bye, Bye, DragonsThe pattern needs a yarn with little less color variation to really show off its scales. Monsoon needs a pattern that will show off its wonderful mossy colors.

This weekend Monsoon will say goodbye to HTBD and hello to Jaywalkers. HTBD will say goodbye to Monsoon and hello to either BMFA Lagoon or Beryl. (I have them both in my stash, I just need to determine which I like better.)

Also this weekend, I will probably order my (drum roll, please) spinning wheel!! I was going to wait until my birthday in September, but I came into a small monetary windfall...just enough for a wheel! I have been researching wheels all week and pretty much know which one I'd want. I need to do a little more research and try a couple of wheels before I order. And then comes the waiting game... (But I want it NOW!! LOL!)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...