Monday, May 07, 2007

spinning and spinning...

...just me and Sirena.
(For those who wonder about pronunciation, it's: see RAY na)


As my second item to spin, I tried the 2 ounces of
Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks Merino in Emerald. I was able to spin this one much more consistently and really got into the rhythm. However, I had trouble plying it with the wheel. while it looked nicely twisted as it went in, it lost some twist as it wound on the bobbin. I adjusted things, but couldn't get it right. This will take a whole lot more practice!

Anyway, here it is. I think it will make a nice scarf anyway.

Emerald yarn
Today's mail brought two packages of fiber that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. From Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks, 2 ounces of Merino in the Moonstone colorway:

Moonstone
From Louet (via Paradise Fibers), Northern Lights roving in Teddy Bear.

Teddy Bear
Teddy Bear will be paired with this:

Pink Roving
for a Neapolitan experiment.

And, I actually did a little knitting, too. I worked on the toes for both RSC Grasshopper socks. I'm getting them both to the same point so I can transfer them to circulars to knit two at a time.


No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...