Friday, May 04, 2007

spinning in an Eye Candy Friday...

Here she is:

My new wheel
Isn't she pretty!! The maple wood is very smooth and sleek. Here's a close up of the wheel.

Wheel close-up
The stats:
Lendrum Folding Wheel purchased from Woodland Woolworks
Double treadle
Flyer ratios 6, 8, 10:1
Complete package included 4 - 4oz. bobbins, tensioned lazy Kate, fast flyer, and plying head
(see more info here)
As a bonus for ordering from Woodland, I picked a pair of Howard Brush cards (9 x 4-1/4”, 72 psi)
The wheel is very well made and she treadles like a dream!

I don't know why I decided the wheel was female, but she is. LOL! The only "things" I ever name are computers; I've never named my cars. However, this wheel needs a name, so I'll have to think on that.

Since I didn't have much time last night, I just put her together and mostly practiced treadling at the different whorl sizes. I did put a leader on and tried spin one of my remaining sample rovings, but I wasn't happy with the leader and couldn't get things going right. I think it was just too late at night. I'll have plenty of time this weekend to try things out.

Here's Sky Candy Friday picture as a little added bonus. Taken from my front yard at sunset:

Sunset
Have a great weekend! (You know what I'll be doing!)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...