Friday, May 18, 2007

TG Eye-Candy F

From our garden, serendipity sunflower:

Sunflower
We feed the birds that visit our backyard with birdseed mixture containing sunflower seeds. These flowers sprouted from the seeds that they missed.

I am getting towards the end of the Grape Jelly roving. Here's where I am now:

End of Grape Jelly roving
I have filled the spindle 16 times so far. I plan on making this a 3-ply yarn, but I need to practice plying a 3 ply yarn first. That means I need to spin more Corriedale...

Speaking of Corriedale, here's a close-up of the stuff I spun last weekend:

Corriedale yarn
I know you've already seen this, but just looking at this yarn makes me happy, so I'm showing it again! It's much more consistently spun than the first two yarns off the wheel and I did a better job plying it.

This weekend, I have some chores to do around the house. However, once those are done I'll be spinning! Sirena is getting lonely and she's calling my name... (LOL!)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...