Wednesday, May 09, 2007

unexpected spinning time...

...last night! My Tuesday night Pilates class was cancelled, so I had some "extra" time to spin. Usually, I don't get home until 8:45 on Tuesday nights and by the time I've eaten dinner, I don't have the energy to do much of anything.

I was able to spend some quality time with Sirena. I want to practice my plying on something other than one of my remaining hand-painted rovings, so it's back to spinning the cream Corriedale.
I'm very grateful that Woodland gave me a pound of this stuff with my order. It spins easily and makes a perfect practice fiber.

As I was spinning, the Husband asked if I was enjoying myself. And then he said, "Well, I guess you're going to have to get some more [fiber to spin]." He was implying that I didn't have a much in the stash. Now, all he's seen so far is Grape Jelly that I'm spindle spinning (75% spun), the Corriedale samples (which are mostly spun), Evergreen (which is also spun), and this pound of cream Corriedale. What he hasn't seen won't hurt him! (like the Teddy Bear and Primrose rovings in my last post, the Sheep To Shoe kit that I bought at Purlescence at the end of April...)

Wait, did he just give me permission to buy more fiber?

Obsession, thy name is Spinning!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...