Friday, June 15, 2007

now, with more Eye Candy (Friday, that is...)

Today, you get a collection of pictures because I couldn't make up my mind. (As with all pictures on my blog, click to enlarge.)

First up, pansies from the window box...

Pansies
a barrel cactus in the backyard...

Barrel cactus
and the Blenheim apricots are nearly ready!

Blenheim
So, while I was standing underneath the apricot tree taking pictures, I was buzzed by a couple of birds. This is not an unusual occurrence in our yard, wild kingdom that it is. However, when I tried to take a picture of the bees feeding on these purple flowers, look who got into the act:

Hummingbird and purple flowers
This is one of the four hummingbirds that frequent our yard. There are two pairs who fight over the feeder. One pair decided that I was doing something "interesting" and buzzed me. Then they hovered a bit to check out what I was doing. When they got bored they moved on, but not before I got this picture:

Hummingbird and sky
Hummers are funny little birds...they sometimes get very close to us and watch what we do. And they absolutely adore buzzing the cats!

Up this weekend, I hope to make good progress on the Tide Walker socks. I also want to start something new on the wheel, but I haven't decided what yet. I have the Neapolitan experiment to do, lots more of the white Corriedale to spin, some Blue Moon Pink Granite roving, and my two new acquisitions from the Yarn Wench—one is Lupines and Poppies and the other is Cali. (When did that sneak in? Ask me no questions; I'll tell you no lies! LOL!)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...