Thursday, June 28, 2007

spoilers ahead...Petals Collection for June

The mail brought two goodies today. First my Knit Picks order of circular needles (size 2.5, 2.75, 3.0 mm) and DPNs (2.75 and 3.0 mm). I really love the tips on these needles and prefer them for socks. Now I can have a couple of pairs of socks going with Knit Picks needles.

The other thing that arrives was the June installment of Sundara Yarn's Petals Collection. OMG...it's gorgeous. Look (click to enlarge):

Petals Collection yarn for June
Here's a close-up of the the other side of the skein:

Close-up of Blue Grape Hyacinth yarn
(The true color is somewhere between the two pictures.) Love this yarn!

The pattern is interesting and looks pretty challenging. Given my current state of sock mojo, I may want to hold off knitting it!

Once I get the Tide Walkers done (and I will get them done if it kills me!), then I'll start the next pair of socks. Even though I have enough needles to start another pair now, I don't want to until I get the current ones done. If I cast on another pair I might be tempted to put aside the Tide Walkers and then they'd end up on hiatus with the Hydrangea socks.

Back tomorrow with Eye Candy Friday...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...