Friday, July 27, 2007

kind of an Eye Candy Friday...

...the pictures didn't turn out the way I'd hoped. Here's the only halfway decent one:

Merino-silk single, first bobbin
This is the first bobbin of the purple merino-silk. (It's a lot more purple than this picture shows.) This was definitely challenging as it took me a while to adjust the wheel so I could get a strong single. The first attempts weren't twisted enough and kept breaking. There are a few white silky slubs that are a pain to deal with, but they give the single some character.

I'm trying to spin it into a fine single, so I'm going slowly with it. Unfortunately, the "dime" shot did not turn out, so I can't show you just how thin it is.

Up this weekend: I want to make more progress on the merino-silk before switching back to the Cali roving. I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend, though, as my mother will be in the area for the Gilroy Garlic Festival. I may be getting in more knitting than spinning if we go with her!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...