Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tour de Fleece, challenge day...

Today is a Tour de Fleece challenge day, which corresponds to the last hard climbing mountain stage for Tour de France. We're supposed to pick something personally challenging to spin today. I've been thinking about it and have decided to spin this:

Purple Merino Silk roving
This is one of the first two rovings I ever bought. I didn't spin at the time, but the vendor pointed out that I could split the roving into lengthwise strips and knit a hat with it if I didn't want to spin it.

This roving is incredibly soft and is wonderfully purple! It is by Angora Cottage and is
70% Merino and 30% Silk (4oz). It's a challenge for me because, other than a small sample piece, I haven't spun silk. I've been afraid to spin it because I didn't want to wreck it, but I think it's time!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...