Wednesday, September 05, 2007

another finished yarn...

...presenting Blue Moon (pre-bath):

Blue Moon yarn
and the close-up (with a dime):

Blue Moon yarn close-up
Specs:
Spunky Eclectic Corriedale Wool roving (4oz)
Color: Blue Moon
Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel
3-ply yarn: 2 Blue Moon singles plus one variegated metallic thread
Yield: 180.8 yards
Weight: 12 WPI, Medium (Worsted) weight


Here's a picture of the Sulky Metallic thread I used (there is a lot more blue in it than the picture shows):

SUlky Metallic Thread
Also, as I mentioned yesterday, here are pictures of my finished sewing projects. First up, the cover for Sirena:

Purple cover for spinning wheel
I used a purple, pre-quilted cotton; it is lined in the same material so nothing scratchy touches the wheel. I sewed a strap on top that I use to pull the cover off. (Note that I couldn't take a picture of this without Sombra and Tica "helping!" That's Tica hiding behind the wheel.)

Here is the latest Knit2 bag. This one uses a Batik on the outside (leftover from my Mom's quilt)...

Knit2 bag in green
...and a seaweed-looking lining (leftover from my Tides at Bodega Bay quilt) with a Fairy Frost green for the separator.

Inside of green Knit2 page
I didn't get my Fawkes socks done yesterday, but I did get closer to the toe. I won't post any more in-progress pictures on these. The next pictures will be of the finished socks!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...