Monday, September 17, 2007

confessions of a slow knitter...

AKA: no picture Monday.

Yes, I am a slow knitter. While others just whiz through patterns and whip up socks right and left , I plod along with my one pair of socks. I know part of the problem is that my hands get tired with small needles and I have to take many breaks to keep them from cramping up. And I'm really slow when I have to purl. I've gotten better at purling, but it still doesn't feel natural.

I spent most of Sunday on the Summer of Love Lace (Flower Power) socks. I finished the cuffs, steam blocked them, and did the ribbing. For the amount of time I spent on them, I should be a lot farther (or done if I was like some of you speed demons out there!), but no.

Saturday was for shopping and spinning. I went to Purlescence to check out the Dreams in Color yarn that just arrived and to see whether they had any new spinning fibers. (I just love going in that store and fondling the yarns! ) After checking everything out, I ended up buying the Baby Tulip Sweater pattern and the Dreams in Color yarns to make it! I need to get a few things done before I can start this, so it may be a while. (Remember, slow knitter here...)

As for spinning, I finished the first half of the October Sky roving and started the second. As an experiment, I tried splitting off a color horizontally and spinning that. Thank goodness I had only split off one color I hated the way it looked spun up. So, I'm back to the lengthwise splits and I'm living with the greenish-gold. It will look better when it's plied, right?

I also started the Secret Christmas project...so far, so good!

OK, I'm off to do real work now...I'll get back to the socks tonight.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...