Friday, September 07, 2007

Foot Candy Friday...

...Firebird yarn (Blue Moon's Rockin' Sock Club yarn) in Fawkes Socks pattern (from Socktopia):

Fawkes Socks pattern
Here they are on the cool Blue Moon sock blockers I bought at Stitches West:

Fawkes Socks
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to have finally finished a pair of socks! Not only are they done, but they fit really well! I did the ribbing and the first pattern repeat in KnitPicks size 1(US) needles, then switched to KnitPicks size 2 needles; I went back to the size 1 needles for the toe.

In celebration, I worked on the Montego Bay wrap for a bit and contemplated what to do next. The new Rockin' Sock Club pattern seems to be very quick judging from the posts I see in the club blog, but I also need to work on the Daughter's Winter things. Choices, choices!

Tonight, the Husband and I are going out to for my birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant, Cascal. I'm looking forward to their Black Bean soup with Sherry and their Spanish flan...Yum!

Up this weekend: more spinning, picking a new knitting project, maybe some sewing, and we'll go to the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival. It's one of the last festivals of the season and the best (in my opinion). It will be fun to check out the vendors and just be outside.

Have a good one!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...