Monday, October 01, 2007

It's October...

...and in two days, we'll be on our way to Baltimore to visit the Daughter! It will be a busy trip, but it will be good to see where she's been living for the past year.

This weekend was full of errands and some house cleaning. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but getting the remaining cat supplies and things for the trip were more important.

I only got about 15 minutes of spinning done and that was with the spindle. I've pretty much decided not to take a spindle because I don't think I'll have the time and I don't want anything to happen to my lovely spindles.

I did manage to cast on for the purple Poppy socks and get those ready to travel. I also prepped a couple of small cross stitch projects to take in case I got bored with knitting. (It happens...) While we watched the season premiere of Dexter last night, I worked on the foot of the Summer of Love Lace socks. I won't finish these before we leave, but I'll take them with me to finish on vacation.


I'm still undecided on taking my computer. The hotel has free Internet, so the issue is more of whether I want to haul my computer with me. In any case, I probably won't have a lot of time to blog, but you never know!

Since there really isn't anything new on the project front, here's another oldie-but-goodie project. In honor of October and Halloween, here is my Boo! quilt:

Boo! Halloween quilt
The pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs. I love this pattern so much that I've made 2 quilts and 2 quilt tops out of it (not to mention a 3rd top that is cut and ready to sew).

I'll try and do another post tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...