Monday, December 10, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...we got our Christmas tree on Saturday. It was a beautiful day:

Christmas Tree Farm 2007

And the trees sparkled with morning new (and a little rain):

Close-up: pine tree

We had to slog through the mud while we search for our tree, but we finally found a 10-footer we liked. We got it into the house last night and put the lights on it. I'll post a picture once it's decorated.

I started my baking Saturday afternoon. I started with the fruitcakes and pumpkin bread. I make them in mini-bundt pans so they cook a little faster than the larger loaves. I made 18 fruitcakes, 6 small pumpkin breads, and two larger pumpkin bread loaves. These all sent into the freezer and will be defrosted in time for gift giving.

I made all the cookie doughs that need to be chilled; I can bake these during the week. I made two kinds of Mexican Wedding cookies: regular and Mexican chocolate; Spumoni bars, Chocolate-Coffee ribbons, and a double batch of the sugar cookie dough. I also made 10 cups of the Grand Marnier candied pecans.

Somewhere in the midst of all of this, I did a little Christmas shopping, some grocery shopping, and put the Daughter's room back together. Oh, and worked a little on the secret Christmas present...

Busy, busy weekend!

1 comment:

Knit - R - Done said...

I tagged you for a meme. Details are here: http://kniterdone.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-i-got-tagged.html

Participate if you feel like it. I think these are fun to read, but I don't want to pressure you.

Alex
alexcateye@msn.com

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...