Wednesday, December 05, 2007

it's December 5th...

...and I am so far behind! I haven't purchased my baking supplies yet and I've barely started decorating for Christmas!

We finally got the living room furniture and the dining room table back in place last night. Now it doesn't feel quite as chaotic. My craft room is still a disaster and the Daughter's room is still not back together, but I can at least sit on the couch.

I did manage to get a few things up, like the stockings, the wreath on the door, and the little Advent Calendar. This little calendar has been well used the last 29 years:

Advent Calendar, circa 1978

I made it when the Daughter was born; it was a Lee Wards felt and sequins kit that I bought on a whim. As I recall, it was a pain in the neck to assemble, but it has held up very well.

Knitting and spinning are taking a back seat now as I gear up for the baking frenzy. The few craft things I'm doing are secret so there will be no pictures of them until after they are received by the giftees. Instead, be prepared for pictures of baking, because that's all I'll be able to show!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...