Monday, January 14, 2008

Emerging from the depths of cross stitch hell...

...finished the Just Nan Christmas ornament. Take a good look at it, because it is being filed away in my Finishing portfolio to stay there until I can face it again. (And it's d@mn lucky that it's not being thrown across the room like I wanted to do last night!)

Christmas Ornament, Just Nan

Normally, I love Just Nan's designs; they are usually easy to work up and enjoyable to stitch. This one? I just wasn't feeling the love, from start to finish. There was just something about it. And then there was the stitching for the charm...I know I don't like stitching one-over-one (one thread strand over one linen thread for those who don't know). See what looks like an empty space at the bottom of the charm picture? That's white stitching, people! White (I hate stitching white), one-over-one! ACK!

This piece proved one thing: I don't just dislike over-one, I hate it. So why did I even bother with it? Because the picture frame charm was not cheap and the design needed it to look complete. So it's done and after a little clean-up (clean off any lint and stray threads), it's getting put away so I don't have to look at it any more.

[end rant]

I did manage to work on the needlepoint piece a bit, so it's coming along. And the Star Trek ornaments were put away. However, I'm sad to report that there was no spinning or knitting over the weekend.

The big thing that happened this weekend was replacing the lights in the kitchen. 4 of the 5 fluorescent fixtures stopped working, so we had to do something. After pulling out the fixtures, we replaced them with inexpensive track lighting. If nothing else, it gives us an idea of how recessed lighting might work when we redo the kitchen. Let me tell you how thrilling it is to have ample light in the kitchen! Wow, I can see my counters!

So I lied on Friday when I said that was the last mention of mt
Blogiversary contest. This is the last mention! (LOL!)

You have until midnight tonight (Pacific time) to make your guess. You have a choice of
Blue Moon Socks That Rock yarn in Grawk or Yarn Wench BFL roving in Royal 2, plus Grand Marnier Biscotti. If you don't want yarn or fiber, I'll double up the biscotti! Your chances are good as there are only 4 guesses right now!! The winner will be announced tomorrow and I'll post a picture of the cookie sheets as proof of the answer.

Come on, enter...you know you want to!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...