Friday, January 18, 2008

Eye Pr0n Friday...

...you know, a combination of Eye Candy Friday and Yarn Pr0n Friday!

I donated a bunch of yarn to a charity knitting group and we met at Purlescence Yarns for the hand-off. Of course, I can never leave the shop without buying at least one thing! So, new to the stash...

Smooshy yarn!

...Smooshy in Beach Fog. This is definitely petting yarn! Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I love the color.

One of the things I love about living in Northern California (well, California in general) is the weather. During yoga class yesterday morning, we remarked how loud the birds outside were singing. When I left class, I saw why. There were lots of birds, lined up on the tops of all the buildings, sunning themselves and singing away. I couldn't get a good picture of all the birds, so here's one:

Birds enjoying the morning sun

See how blue and clear the sky is in this picture? Bay Area, California in January. LOVE IT!

Up this weekend, a little biscotti baking for my contest winner, a little needlework, some spinning with Sirena, and playing with Ravelry—I just received my invitation this morning.

I'm kind of late coming to the Ravelry party; I signed up not long ago (about 5,500 people were ahead of me.) I actually wasn't going to sign up at all because I'm pretty happy with posting about my projects on my website and blog and tracking my stash on a FileMaker database that I created. But, lots of bloggers are now talking about patterns and groups and project details that they have on Ravelry or linking to stuff they have there. Unless you're a member, you can't see any of it right now. (Once it goes public, that won't be a problem, but it might be a while still.) So...I asked for an invitation.

There is no question that it is very cool; I just need to decide how much duplication I want to do. In any event, I'll be doing some exploring this weekend!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...