Wednesday, February 06, 2008

no-WIP Wednesday...

...because I showed them to you yesterday! (Guess I should have waited until today!)

Aside from Ravelry, one of this things that distracts me from crafts is reading. I read a lot and I read fast. I read a little every morning and every night (and sometimes I read in between times, too!). I prefer to read novels and mysteries (escaping reality is a good thing). I particularly love James Patterson, JD Robb/Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, and Diana Gabaldon.
I really don't like to read non-fiction books, except when it comes to crafts. I love a good knitting or quilting book!

Now, the Husband likes reading, too. However, his tastes are more towards the non-fiction end of things. His favorite books are about history, Native Americans, and the outdoors—hiking and biking trail books, the Roadside Geology book series, and field guides of all types.

At this point, I own most of the knitting books that I consider to be essential (well, not counting some haven't been released). I really wasn't looking for a new knitting book to buy until I saw this one. Given the number of field guides in our house, there was no way I was passing it up!

Field Guides

The Husband, of course, was amused...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...