Wednesday, February 27, 2008

say hello to my little friend...

...Al, the alpaca. (Or if you wish to address him by his full name, Sr. Alberto Pérez de los Andes.)

My new mascot, Al

I adopted him from the Alpaca Direct booth at Stitches West. He protects my monitor and watches me work.

Since this is WIP Wednesday, I guess I should show at least one WIP. Here are the Lenore socks (ignore the little bulge on the side--the cup edge makes it pop out like that).

Ready for my heel flap, Mr. DeMille

The cuffs are as long as I want them, so it's time to start the heel flaps. Yay!

And, I am *this* close to finishing the Seahorses needlepoint. My goal is to finish that this month and get it out of my face. I'll post a picture when it's finally done. (
I am so ready to mark this off of my WIP list!! )

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

Glad to see "Sr Al" has a name, was very concerned about that...now can you tell me how you came up with that name, and do tell how he became knighted already??

marie said...

The explanation:
Sr. = Señor (He's not a knight, he just wishes he was. Lol!)

Alberto because he has to be "Al the Alpaca" and he's Hispanic.

Pérez because it's a fairly common name in Peru and to honor my parents who loved to listen to Pérez Prado when I was little.

de los Andes because that's where he's from.

...I know, you had to ask!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...