Monday, March 24, 2008

Finished the Lenore socks!

...Yay! I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to be done with them! Here are the pictures:

Lenore socks, done!

Keep in mind that I haven't blocked these yet and that colors are not true to life. (Someday, I'll be a better photographer)

Lenore Socks, side view
The Specs:
Finished 3/23/2008
Needle size: US 1 on cuff; US 2 (2.25mm) on the foot
Color and pattern: Lenore
Rockin' Socks Club 2007 from Blue Moon Fiber Arts

I also finished the Penngrove Purples yarn.

Penngrove Purples yarn

The Specs:
Finished 03/22/2008
Royale Hare superwash merino (4.0 oz) in Penngrove Purples

Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel

2-ply, yield: 315 yds.

Weight:
11 WPI average

So that was the crafty side of my weekend. We had a nice lunch out for Easter with the Husband's parents and the Daughter. Other than that, I was pretty obsessed with finishing the socks!

Next on the knitting agenda are some baby projects. I'm now knitting for three babies, so it's going to be fun picking different things for each.

Oh, and today the postal person brought my March installment for the Rockin' Sock Club! (click the image below to see the yarn...)




The pattern is intriguing...

OK deep breath: Must. Resist. Cannot. Cast. On.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Lenores are very pretty. Nice pattern and color. I just read on the blog, Go Knit In Your Hat that on Ravelry (I'm not in it yet) that there is a section called "Yarnographers" - maybe something for you if you're in Ravelry. Well if you can't start w. the new STR at least you can keep it out and look at it :) Sounds like you've got the baby projects lined up!! Terry

marie said...

Thanks for the pointer to Yarnographers. I am in Ravelry now, so I'll go check it out.

And you're right, I can admire and pet the new STR for now. I just need to keep it away from the swift and ball winder!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...