Monday, April 28, 2008

actual knitting occurred...

...I know, what a concept! I finished one Saartje's Bootee. I think it's too small, but I definitely liked working it in the round. I'll make a complete pair using larger needles.

Saartje's Bootee(s)

I made the decision to frog the Crossover Top—I just wasn't happy with the color differences. Since Purlescence was having a sale (LOL!), I decided to go look there on Saturday. I ended up buying the same yarn, but in a different colorway, again making sure that the lot numbers matched. I know I'm taking a big chance here, but I really do love the yarn!

Since I was out and about, I decided to take a trip over to Full Thread Ahead. The last time I was there they had the Vickie Howell Craft yarn (South West Trading Company) that I used to make the bunny. I wanted to get more so I could make another one. They didn't have that yarn, but I did find some sale yarn that will do. It is Cloud 9 yarn by Cascade and contains 50% merino and 50% angora. It's soft and squishy and has a nice little halo of fuzz.

While I was there I saw a model of a sweater that was similar to the Tulips sweater, but it had a different edge finishing with an i-cord tie, only used 5 colors of yarn, and was in Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. I really liked the way it looked, so I asked about the pattern. It turns out that the pattern was free if you bought the yarn...no problem there! I picked 5 colors that I liked. I also found a nice pink and white Artyarns superwash merino yarn that will turn into some very cute bootees or baby socks.

Once I got home, I couldn't wait to start the cardigan. I ended up working on it for the rest of the weekend. Here's what it looks like so far:

Iris Cardigan


The last color to be added is a purple (Phlox). I haven't decided which color to use as the trim yet, but the sweater will tell me what it wants. I really love how it is coming together! I'm making the smallest size, but I'm enjoying this so much, that I may make a larger size using some brighter colors. The cotton is a little hard on the hands, but I'm using aluminum circulars to make it a bit smoother.

The Daughter is headed back home as we speak...I took her to the airport at noon. The dropping her off part wasn't too bad, but the getting out of the airport was a mess! 20 minutes, people! Let's hear it for 4 lanes becoming 3, becoming 2, and then becoming 1! And, taxis? You are no better than the rest of us, so wait your turn to merge!! Seriously!

Anyway, it was good to have her home, even if it was only for a few days!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...