Friday, May 09, 2008

Eye Candy Friday (lots of garden pix)...

...since my knitting doesn't look significantly different than Wednesday, I won't post another picture of that for a while. It's progressing, just not as fast as the previous project!

Instead, here are a collection of garden pictures that show what's going on in our backyard.

The first shot of apricots on the tree:

Blenheim apricots
Some of our future tomatoes:

Tomato seedling

Future tomato
Next, a study of strawberries:

Strawberry blossom

Baby strawberries

First strawberries of the season

Strawberries

And for those celebrating Mother's Day this weekend, a butterfly flower for you:

Butterfly flower

This just in...The Daughter sent me a gardenia plant for Mother's Day, which just arrived. Gardenias were my father's favorite flower and because of that, I love them. This plant has only one older flower on it right now, but lots of buds. The scent from the one flower is heavenly and brightens up my whole office! I'll post pictures of it when it blooms. (Thanks, sweetie! Heart you back!)

Up this weekend, more knitting and hopefully some spinning. I'd like to get the sewing machine in for a tuneup before I try to do any more quilting. It's way overdue!

Happy Mother's Day to all! Enjoy the day!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...