Friday, May 30, 2008

Last Eye Candy Friday for May...

...boy, this month flew by! Before you know it, the Daughter will be home for the summer (YAY!) and it will be time for vacation.

Today's pictures are from the garden. Remember the apple blossoms? Well, some have turned into apples! Maybe we'll get one before the squirrels beat us to them!

Little green apple

The blueberry bush has a lot more berries on it this year, but they are smaller:

Blueberries 2008

Our fennel plant continues to go crazy:

Fennel Forest

and the cactus has decided to bloom (although, when these cacti bloom, they look a bit bizarre...):

Cactus Flowers, from above

On the craft front, I did start another baby sweater. I am revisiting the crossover top (Debbie Bliss) that I recently frogged. Although I'm using the same brand of yarn, I'm using different colors and from a different source. I haven't gotten very far yet, but here you go:

Crossover Top, take 2

I also received my Rockin' Sock Club installment for May and I absolutely adore the color! It's in shades of my favorite color (if you know anything about me you know what that is!). The pattern looks a little complicated, so I want to read it a couple of times to see whether I want to attack it right now. (It's not like I don't have any other sock patterns or yarn in my stash...)

Here's the link to the spoiler picture:



Up this weekend, I'm going to go stash diving in my quilting fabric and see what I have on hand to make a simple baby quilt. Somewhere I know I have a couple of cute panels that I can use. Then theres the knitting and spinning I have in progress...I'll be plenty busy!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...