Monday, June 23, 2008

Another finished object...

...the baby quilt is done and delivered to the parents-to-be! Here is "Tickled Pink"

Tickled Pink quilt

It went together much quicker than I expected. I realized on Saturday morning that if I pushed, I could get in done. I took the pictures at 2pm; the baby shower was at 3:30pm...cut it a little close, but it's done!

The shower was at a tea room, where we were served some lovely tea sandwiches and desserts. It was very nice to finally meet the mom-to-be and her family. She received lots of cute (and PINK!) things.

Sunday was pretty much a wash for me. I ended up without a car until the afternoon, so my plans had to be rearranged. I spent my time quietly, just reading and recovering from Saturday. My shoulders were a little sore from the machine quilting, but it was well worth it seeing how much she loved the quilt.

I spent a little time in the garden, just looking around (and stealing a few almost ripe apricots!). There were new flowers (
corncockles) blooming in our herb circle:

Corncockle flower

I love the color of these flowers and how their petals change as they bloom. Here's a picture of the flowers in various stages of blooming. See how their petals separate and curl as the blooms get older?

Corncockle flowers

Sunday evening, I picked up the Crossover top again and finished all of the edging. I managed to get one sleeve in and started working on the other. I like how it looks, I just hope that the blocking flattens out the stockinette as it's curling a lot right now. I am so ready to be done with this sweater now...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...