Friday, June 06, 2008

Eye-can't-believe-it's-June Candy Friday...

...can you? This year is flying! We're a month away from vacation and I need to start planning my yarn crawl strategy for Seattle.

Today's eye candy is brought to you by the letter "G." I know, I know...this is turning into a garden blog again. What can I say? The Husband is an excellent gardener and the plants just beg for pictures.

On Wednesday, I took pictures of the squash blossoms, but they didn't turn out right (too much sun). This morning when I went out to try again, the blossoms were almost all dead. Instead, you get a baby squash picture.

Baby squash

Our hydrangea is blooming again. The flowers are in various stages...like this one that is still in progress:

Hydrangea, partial bloom

This bloom can't decide what color to be, pink or lavender:

Should I be lavender or pink?


And because we haven't had a silly cat picture in a while, here's Tica:

Tica, being herself

Note that she has three of her feet showing in the picture. Yeah, she's an odd one...

Up this weekend: knitting the Crossover top. I have finished the back and left side; I'm working on the right side now. Then I can do the sleeves and put it together. I plan on working on the doggie sweater, too. I'm working my way through that pattern. I still don't quite understand how it all fits together, so we'll see.

I'd also like to get some spinning done. I want to make some progress on the Yarn Wench Mermaid Falkland top I started a couple of weeks ago. And then there's all that other Falkland I have in the stash (I need to call a moratorium on buying roving and top—I'm out of room!)

Anyway, let's see how much I can do by Monday!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...