Monday, June 30, 2008

finished the Crossover Top!

Finally! That one took longer than I wanted. I finished the seaming and gave it a little steam block yesterday.

Crossover Top, complete

The Specs:
Completed: 6/29/08
Debbie Bliss pattern from "Essential Baby"
Yarn: Crystal Palace Merino 5, Print and solid
Needles: US 2 and US 3 circulars

It doesn't have any ties yet because I can't find any ribbon for the ties that matches the edging...but I'm not going to worry about that right now! I really want to get back to sock knitting and spinning!

I did get some spinning in on Saturday, I finished the second bobbin the Mermaid Falkland top from Yarn Wench. I'm letting it rest a couple of days before I ply it. I'll post a picture of the finished yarn after it's plied. I also spun a bit of the Merino-silk roving that I started last Tour de Fleece. I'd really like to finish that during this year's Tour.

Someone asked me the other day just how many apricots we had on the tree. Well, here's a shot of the tree as it looked yesterday (that's Tica under the tree):

Blenheim apricot tree 2008

Here's another view:

Blenheim Apricots Galore!

We have a lot of apricots! We'll probably end up freezing them since I don't have a lot of time for canning before we leave on vacation. Of course, they are quite tasty right off the tree!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...