Saturday, July 05, 2008

Day 1 of Tour de Fleece...

...and I met my goal of plying the Mermaid singles that have been resting for a week. Yay!

Here is the skein before its bath:

Mermaid handspun

and the dime shot:

Mermaid handspun, close up

Specs:
Completed: 7/5/08
Yarn Wench Falkland Wool top (4.2 oz) in Mermaid 2
Spun on Lendrum DT Folding wheel
2-ply, yield: 394 yds.
Weight: 14 WPI average, Sport

I'll give it a bath tonight so it will be ready for me to take on vacation. I have the Morning Surf pattern printed and just need to figure out which size needles to use.

Tomorrow, I'll switch back to the Merino Silk that I've been spinning on-and-off since the last Tour de Fleece (lol!). I can't spend as much time on the wheel as I did today, but I'll get some spinning done!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...