Friday, July 18, 2008

Eye Candy Friday, road-trip version...

...let's hear it for a better wi-fi connection!

Yesterday, we said good-bye to my brother and his wife and they headed back to Seattle. We left Lincoln City and headed south down the Oregon coast, heading to Gold Beach. We stopped several times along the way to take pictures and enjoy the scenery. The morning started off foggy and windy, warming up around noon.


Some of the places we stopped were: Depoe Bay, the Devil's Punch Bowl, Agate Beach (no agates!), the Devil's Churn, and Battle Rock at Port Orford. I have lots of pictures, but even with a good connection it will take me a while to get them uploaded. (I have, however, uploaded all the pictures of the new stash to Flickr and Ravelry...priorities! lol!) For now, here's a picture I took at Agate Beach:

Searocket at Agate Beach, OR

This is a searocket plant blooming in the wide expanse of this beach. There was a small group of these plants surrounded by nothing but sand.

During our travels, I managed to get the heels turned on the socks and I'm working on the gusset decreases. I didn't work on the Mermaid's Morning Surf scarf at all because of all the stopping we did—it's harder to keep track of that pattern and I didn't want to mess it up. The socks were perfect for a start/stop project. Still haven't been able to spin much...

We're taking our time going home, as there is no need to spend 15+ hours in the car to get there. I'm really enjoying the Oregon Coast and will have enough beach time to hold me for several weeks.

Not sure where we're heading today, but the sun is up and there is no fog...always a nice way to start the day!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...