Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday is travel day...

...we drove from Seattle to the Oregon coast today. We are at Lincoln City for three days, exploring the area. It's a lot colder than we expected, but we'll have a good time anyway. My brother's dogs think that this is a great place to vacation--the beach is wide and fun to run on! Here's a quick picture I managed to get tonight.

Beach at Lincoln City, Oregon

A quick report on the Seattle-to-Portland ride: My brother and the Husband made great time and thoroughly enjoyed the two-day ride. Because they did so well, they arrived back in Seattle a couple of hours before I expected them.

While they were off doing their ride, I did my mini yarn crawl. And I kept it mini--only two stores. But, I picked the right two stores to visit. First I went to The Weaving Works. This store has a great selection of yarn, but it was the fiber that caught my eye. I bought some 1 ounce samples of bamboo fiber and seacell fiber. Not sure what I'll do with them, but the price was right... I also splurged and bought a Cougar spindle made by Cascade Spindle Company. It's light and spins very well.

The other store was Acorn Street Shop. This store had a ton of yarn, some spinning supplies, and some needlepoint supplies. They had a Tish needlepoint canvas that I hadn't seen before, but I just couldn't justify the cost (especially since I have several of her canvases in my stash). I bought three skeins of yarn and a little book called "Yoga for Knitters." I did manage to restrain myself! (LOL!)

I spent quite a bit of time with my other brother on Saturday afternoon and then again on Sunday when we went to brunch. In between my yarn store and brother visits, I managed to get some knitting done on the Midsummer Paradise socks and the Mermaid's Morning Surf scarf. I also spun another spindle full of the Plumthorn roving that I started last month.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope to upload more pictures later in the week.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...